Greenway Mobile Food Fest Postponed
Statement from the Rose Kennedy Greenway Conservancy From Executive Director Nancy Brennan October 12, 2011
- The Rose F. Kennedy Greenway Conservancy is announcing today that the Greenway Mobile Food Fest, which was planned for Saturday, October 15, has been postponed until the Spring. We will work with the participating vendors and collaborate with them on selecting a date for early 2012.
- Saturday’s event was to include 12 mobile food vendors, many of them in large trucks. It was to take place on Dewey Square, the only parcel large enough to accommodate this type of gathering.
- The decision is based on the fact the attendees we’re anticipating for the Greenway Mobile Food Fest, when combined with the Occupy Boston encampment on Dewey Square, would simply be too crowded to be considered safe for the public.
- Yesterday, activists complied with the smooth load-in and load-out of the Boston Public Market, a successful farmer’s market on Dewey Square, but the scale of Saturday’s event is much, much bigger. While this half acre of the Greenway is in full-time use by Occupy Boston, the remaining 15.5 acres of the Greenway remain open, beautiful and welcoming to all.
- We encourage visitors and residents alike to explore the Rings Fountain, the Carousel, the Harbor Islands Pavilion, and our water features and public art.