My Spring Bucket List
Yesterday’s amazing weather is making me so excited for the warmer days ahead. Since I’m nearing the end of my pregnancy (30 weeks!), I am busy making lists of all sorts. I figured it would be nice to have a spring bucket list so that I try a few new things while doing some old favorites. I shared a similar list a few weeks ago, but already have some new additions!
I’d love to know — what’s on your spring bucket list?
– In fact, just taking more boats! Over the winter, Matt and I took the boat from the Long Wharf to the Charlestown Navy Yard for dinner at Brewer’s Fork. Doing something even a little bit outside of normal routine can make it feel like you’re on vacation!
– Go to a Red Sox game!
– Spend as much time outside as possible. Smell the budding flowers (nothing better), walk through the Public Garden and along the Esplanade. Enjoy the beautiful outdoor spaces we’re so lucky to have in this city. If we have a really warm day, pack a picnic with my new favorite seltzer, a fresh baguette from Iggy’s, and of course a selection of cheeses and other goodies from Savenor’s or Formaggio.
– More art! I’d love to visit some old favorites like the MFA, Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum and some new-to-me museums like the Harvard Art Museums and the Peabody Essex Museum (which I went to years ago).
– Get more creative! As I feel more inspired by the beautiful weather, I find that I crave creative outlets. In early May, I am attending a calligraphy workshop taught by Alaina Montuori of Extras by Alaina at Neatly Nested. So excited!
– Spend a nice sunny day exploring Cambridge. I used to go to Cambridge a lot (and even worked there for a few years) but these days, my schedule doesn’t bring me across the river too often. I’d love to spend a day in Harvard Square, popping into bookstores and cafes, and then venturing into Somerville, perhaps to try a new restaurant or two.
Image credit: Natalie Chassaigne Kurtzman