Urban Sweat at Raffa Yoga
Spend an afternoon in an environment of bliss and tranquility. The $40 admission to Raffa Yoga’s Urban Sweat grants you unlimited access to as many hours of relaxation as you’d like. After donning the Urban Sweat uniform (blue shorts and a bright orange t-shirt), you are free to wander between the 7 heat therapy rooms.
- Active Relaxation Room: heated floors, high ceilings, comfy loungers, access to the Juice Bar
- Yellow Turmeric Room: hot room that uses the bright yellow culinary spice Turmeric for its anti-inflammatory properties
- Eucalyptus Steam Room: herbal Eucalyptus scents, multicolored light therapy, helps relieve stress and sore muscles, improve blood circulation, and reduce sinus congestion
- Black Charcoal Room: hot room that uses Charcoal for its many detoxing benefits
- Himalayan Salt Grotto: warm room filled with Himalayan salt floor that acts as a natural air ionizer and purifier, corrects toxins, and helps with respiratory ailments
- Urban Hammam: heated room that encourages heavy sweating, opens pores, increases circulation, relieves stress and high blood pressure
- Oceanic Relaxation Room: silent room with heated hot water beds and the sounds of ocean waves and dolphins
Last week, my mom and I visited Urban Sweat for some mother/daughter bonding time. I treated her to an afternoon of relaxation as an early Christmas present. At first she was resistant, concerned that she was losing quality shopping time. After 5 minutes of sitting in the Urban Hammam, her worries began to melt away and she warmed up to the experience. My mom loved being able to unplug from the hectic pace of her daily life and spend a few hours unwinding, focusing on finding her center so she could leave Urban Sweat feeling refreshed and ready to tackle the day ahead. The two hours we spent wandering between the 7 heat therapy rooms was a wonderful experience for us to share. Quiet conversation in the various tranquil environments gave us a temporary escape from life’s worries so we could detoxify our minds and bodies while fostering our mother/daughter relationship.
Urban Sweat at Raffa Yoga, 19 Sharpe Drive, Cranston, Rhode Island, email@example.com, $40 admission. For more information and schedules, please visit the Raffa Yoga website.