A Mother’s Day Roundup
Becky and her mom!
Natalie, Laura, and their mom!
I learned the importance of family from my mom. She taught me to follow my heart, and to trust love. She taught me to appreciate the joys of everyday life as well as the thrills of adventure. Her wise words remind me to take a different perspective, and to always recognize all I have to be grateful for. Thank you, Mom, for everything – happy Mother’s Day! xo, Laura
From a young age my mom taught me to enjoy the small and the simple. To be patient, kind, and curious. And that many of the best things in life are free. Watching her I learned the joy that a garden in bloom can bring — especially when you’re the one who has put in the hard work. I love you mom! xo, Becky
My mom taught me about resilience. She showed me how to offer unwavering love – to yourself and others. She taught me the meaning of relaxation and how important it is to take care of oneself. Most of all, my mom has given me the most unconditional love and support – the type of encouragement that every person deserves. My mom taught me that everyone has a story and that we are here to share in one another’s joy. When asked what I want to be when I grow up, the same answer still resounds true: my mom. xo, Natalie
At The Boston Day Book, we are so honored to have come from such wonderful families. We hope that all of the mothers out there have the most wonderful Mother’s Day – this year and every year! For us, it is also a day to remember the mothers who are no longer with us but will always be in our hearts. Here are a few ideas to celebrate the women you love.
- Who doesn’t love flowers? We suggest ordering a beautiful bouquet (or even a monthly subscription) from Wild Folk . Aside from the beautiful flowers, the best part is that Caroline will be donating 100% of sales to The One Fund.
- If you’re looking for a sweet card that says just the right thing or perhaps a small gift, be sure to check out Sault in the South End. Also, be on the lookout for pop-up flower shop by Pollen Floral Design.
- If you’re lucky enough to be in the same city, take mom to the Fort Point Art Walk over the weekend. Be sure to pick up something sweet afterwards!
- Natalie and Laura’s mom certainly loves antiques, so we’d take her to The Wayside Inn Antiques Show. Bonus: The Wayside Inn is sentimental to us having spent many childhood years in Sudbury. She’d certainly appreciate that. It’s all about the thought, right?
- We’d take mom to brunch at The Beehive or Gaslight – and then walk to the North End for a cannoli – our favorite is at Modern Pastry.
- Spoil mom at MiniLuxe with manicures and pedicures for two.
- Take mom to Alex and Ani and pick up a bracelet showing your love for both local and all that your mom has given to you.
Whatever you do or give, be sure to remember what Mother’s Day is all about! xo