Winter at Lawn on D
As the city quiets down over the holidays, it is easy to feel like you are in the middle of a winter fairy tale. Quiet, snow-speckled streets (although, not this year!) can make you feel like you’re the only person in the city. I love this time of year.
The fairy tale continues into January as South Boston’s Lawn on D transforms into a spectacle of fire and ice. Highlights from Lawn on D’s upcoming winter festival include:
– Wandering through a glass-like maze in one of the largest ice labyrinths in America built out of nearly 300 (!) giant ice blocks made by master ice artists
– Sip on hot seasonal beverages at a beautifully carved ice bar
– Performances curated by The American Repertory Theatre’s OBERON
– Experience the Winter Pavilion of Lights designed and executed by the Design Museum Boston
– Legal Sea Foods will be serving free samples of clam chowder
Personally, I am most excited by the idea of enjoying the festival seated by one of the fire pits! The festival will take place on January 2 from 4-8pm (fire performers will start at 5pm) and January 3 and 4 from 11am to 8pm.
Image courtesy of Lawn on D.